Sunday, January 18, 2009

What's in the old trunk?

My mom has had this old trunk for years. It hasn't been opened because there is no key.
She gave it to me about 3 years ago.
Yes; we could have broken the lock & opened it but it has been such a mystery. I knew she has old Hot Wheel cars & old McDonald Happy Meal toys. (my mom likes to "collect"
stuff).
This morning Ian found a key & Mackie says "let's open the trunk". I didn't really think it would open.
It did. We enjoyed looking through the toys. The Hot Wheels & Happy Meal toys were there. Also; an old, worn Gumby. Remember when you ordered a drink at Sonic & they put a plastic animal on the rim of the cup? Lots of those. I know there are lots of old memories from my brothers in there. It got locked when I was little.
Most of the toys are still in the original packages. The kids want to open everything up! I'm sure mom & Jerry will want things to stay. I'll update later:)

No comments: